Following the recommendations of national and international health authorities and organizations, as well as the best practices developed by the airline industry since the pandemic began, Copa Airlines has implemented a series of disinfection, hygiene, and biosafety measures and protocols for all its operations. We are doing all we can to provide a safe environment for our passengers during every stage of their trip.
Safety Begins at Home
• Use the web check-in service on our mobile app or at copa.com to streamline the check-in process and reduce physical contact with others.
• Familiarize yourself in advance with the requirements established by the airline and the health and immigration authorities of Panama and your country of destination.
• Arrive at the airport at least three hours before your flight to leave time for new security controls.
At the Airport
• Hygiene in airports: To ensure the safety of our passengers and employees, we have enhanced our hygiene and disinfection procedures. We use the high quality cleaning products recommended by health authorities at our counters, service centers, boarding gates, and other high-contact points during the travel experience.
• Physical distancing: Protective shields have been installed on the counters in all airports where Copa Airlines operates, including the Tocumen International Airport. We also have new signs in waiting areas to help passengers follow the recommended physical distancing guidelines established by health authorities in each country. All airline employees also use protective masks.
On the plane
• Safe and secure cabin environment: All Copa Airlines aircraft are equipped with high-efficiency filters (HEPA), which remove up to 99.97% of virus and bacteria particles. This system is similar to the equipment used in hospital operating rooms. The cabin recirculation system renews the air in the cabin every two to three minutes using vertical circulation, which helps prevent the sharing of air between passengers. These systems, in addition to the mandatory use of personal masks during all flights, help ensure a safe and secure onboard environment.
• Deep disinfection of aircraft: Specialized teams are responsible for the thorough disinfection of the aircraft’s interior, particularly at points of high contact. Our hygiene staff uses electrostatic guns, which help disinfectant to better adhere to difficult-to-access surfaces.
• Simplified onboard service: To limit interaction between crew members and passengers, our food and beverage service has been simplified and modified based on flight duration. All products that enter the aircraft are subject to rigorous disinfection procedures at every point along the supply chain.
• New boarding process: Aircraft will board from back to front and we have improved our self-service offerings, allowing passengers to hold their own documents at all times. Passengers will place their own boarding passes in a scanning device and show their identification to staff at the door. To ensure the safety of passengers and crew, onboard seat changes will not be allowed. We may reassign seats at the airport before boarding to maintain as much space as possible between passengers.
Change your flight, not your desire to travel: Copa Airlines has implemented its most flexible change policies to date, allowing free itinerary changes on tickets purchased before August 31, 2020. The new itinerary must begin before December 31, 2021. The policy applies only to standard tickets and those purchased with miles and issued by Copa Airlines.
More information: copa.com